Grants for DDS Students
1st Year DDS Students
An Expression of Interest form must be completed by the supervising academic and submitted to the Convener of DDS Research by the end of semester 1. This expression of interest will briefly state the aims and hypothesis of the project, brief methodologies and anticipated outcomes of the project. It will be posted on the Learning Management System (LMS) at the beginning of semester 2.
At the beginning of semester 2, DDS student groups will choose their research projects from the list of expressions of interest, together with the Convener of DDS Research. These projects will be conducted during the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year of the DDS Course. Once a research project is chosen, each student group and their academic research supervisors must commence putting together a detailed budget for the project.
Funding is available for the specified research project of up to $3,000. Student groups may apply for the entire $3000 to be spent during the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year of the DDS course. Alternatively, if student groups do not apply for the full $3000 in their first application, they may apply for the remainder of their eligible project funding in subsequent funding rounds. There will be one funding round per year for DDS students.
Please consider your project costs carefully and apply for funding in advance. There will be NO retrospective funding.
Funds granted will be paid on reimbursement of invoices submitted to Mr Colin Turner, Finance Officer, 4th floor.
In order to obtain funding, students, together with their academic research supervisors, must submit a research funds application form and budget form (see below). Supervisors are expected to check budgets completed by their students.
Conditions of Grant
- Funds are available to students for expenses such as small equipment and consumables. Some expenses cannot be claimed. For information on what you can claim, see http://www.dent.unimelb.edu.au/dsweb/research/funds_policy.html.
- Your application must include:
- Details of the project, methodology and all relevant documentation (eg. questionnaire).
- b. Details and a breakdown of estimated costs to be incurred. You must provide details and costing for every budget item. Requests for 'miscellaneous' expenses will not be approved. Please see example budget.
- Ethics approval (if applicable). If ethics approval is required, funding will not be released until ethics approval is obtained.
- Your supervisor must sign the application.
- Funds will be allocated to the supervising academic. Cash will not be paid. All costs in excess of the award are the responsibility of the supervising academic.
- Incomplete, sub-standard or late applications will be rejected.
- Student groups requiring statistical assistance should make use of the following resources before seeking funding for any external consultation:
- DDS research funding does not include travel. Student groups seeking travel funding (for one member of the group to present the research at a conference) should apply for the Student Travel Award .
Application Form and Budget Form
Electronic submissions will not be accepted.
Closing Date for 2013
Thursday, 12 September 2013
For further information, please contact the Research Administrators
Phone: 9341 1509