BACHELOR OF ORAL HEALTH
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION
NON-SCHOOL LEAVERS (i.e. Melbourne University students, graduates and tertiary students enrolled at other universities)
PRE-REQUISITE SUBJECTS, OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION
Prerequisite subjects (as detailed above) or their equivalent must be met for entry to first year and applicants may have undertaken any tertiary course. The Selection Committee will consider the applicant's full academic record and recent study would be expected. There is no interview.
Applicants without a Year 12
To be eligible for the non-school leaver entry pathway, you will need to:
- be 23 years or older; and
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident or holder of a permanent Humanitarian Visa; and
- have no qualifications from the past seven years which could be used as a basis for entry
Applicants without a Year 12 must have successfully completed:
- VCE units 1 and 2 (Year 11)
- VCE units 3 and 4 in the following subjects only: English (and) and either Biology or Chemistry (with a study score of at least 25)
- a dental assistant/dental nursing formal qualification and
subsequent to the completion of the dental assistant/dental nursing qualification, have worked for the equivalent of at least 18 months’ full-time as a dental assistant.