To apply you need to have:
- Successfully completed an undergraduate degree in any discipline at any Australian or recognised international university.
- Completed prerequisite second year subjects (one each - 12.5 points) in anatomy, physiology and biochemistry.
(The prerequisite subjects are part of the core program of the Bachelor of Biomedicine course and are available as subjects in the Bachelor of Science course at the University of Melbourne.)
- Please check these lists on the Student Centre prerequisites web page for currently approved subjects from Australian and New Zealand universities:
New South Wales
- Sit the Graduate Australian Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT) or if you are an international student located overseas the:
- Subjects from overseas universities will be considered on a case by case basis.
For more information please read the Selection Criteria Update Document.
Prerequisite Assessment Notice
In order to ensure that applicants have met the prerequisites for entry prior to finalising their application via the GMAC Online Admission System applicants are recommended to have their subjects assessed as early as possible. Please visit the MDHS Student Centre website for further details.
Graduate English language requirements.
All applicants must meet the English language requirements of the University to be eligible to be offered a place.