Professor Ivan B Darby
Telephone: +61 (0)3 9341 1471
Fax: +61 (0)3 9341 1599
- BDS PhD Glas
- DipGenDentPrac RCSEng
Prof Darby is the current Head of Periodontics and is responsible for the school's specialization program in Periodontics, DClinDent(Perio). In addition, he also has involvement in the Grad Dip Clin Dent (implants), DDS, BDSc and BOH periodontics and implant surgery components. Ivan is also Director of Postgraduate Research and Education and Head of Population Oral Health & Periodontics. He also practices as a Periodontist in Moonee Ponds. Ivan is a past President of the ANZ division and Periodontal Research Group of the IADR. In addition he is immediate past President of the Asia Pacific Region of the IADR and Editor of the ASP journal, Periodontology.
- 2013 – Professor of Periodontics and Head of Periodontics; Convener Postgraduate Programme in Periodontics
- 2012 – Head of Population Oral Health and Periodontics
- 2009 – Associate Professor of Periodontics and Head of Periodontics; Convener Postgraduate Programme in Periodontics
- 2007 – Visiting Lecturer in Periodontics, Melbourne Dental School, University of Papua New Guinea
- 2003 - 2008 Senior Lecturer and Head of Periodontics; Convener Postgraduate Programme in Periodontics
- 2001-2003 Lecturer in Periodontics, Convener Undergraduate Periodontics, Periodontal component of Grad Dip and Dental Hygiene
- 1999 - 2001 Research Fellow, Dept. of Periodontics, Dental Institute, St Bartholomew's and Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Clinical, microbiological and immunological aspects of the aetiology and pathogenesis of periodontal disease
- Clinical outcomes and aesthetic results of implants and grafting
Also see Dr Darby's Find an Expert page at The University of Melbourne
- Ngo L, Veith P, Chen D, Chen Y-Y, Darby I, Reynolds E. Mass spectrometric analyses of proteins and peptides in human gingival crevicular fluid. J Proteomic Res 2010; 9: 1683-1693.
- Tran BLT, Chen ST, Caiafa A, Davies HMS, Darby IB. Transmucosal healing around peri-implant defects: crestal and subcrestal implant placement in dogs. Clin Oral Impl Res 2010; 21: 794-803.
- Darby I. Ridge Preservation: Does it actually work? Ann Roy Australas Coll Dent Surg 2010; 20.
- Chen S, Beagle J, Jensen S, Chiapasco M, Darby I. Konsensuserklärungen und klinische Emfehlungen zu chirurgischen Verfahren. Implantologie 2010; 18: S18-S28.
- Radvar M, Darby I, Polster A, Arashi M, Moeintaghavi A, Sohrabi K. Pattern of cigarette smoking effect on periodontal pocketing and attachment loss: a retrospective study. Int J Dent Hygiene 2011; 9: 291-295.
- Borromeo LG, Tsao CE, Darby IB, Ebeling RE. A review of the clinical implications of bisphosphonates in dentistry. Aust Dent J 2011; 56: 2-9.
- Darby I. Periodontal Materials. Aust Dent J 2011; 56(1 Suppl): 107–118
- Darby I, Polster A, Radvar M, Gan J, Guo Q, Henein N, Heredia A, Horina H, Sanduja D. Left to right distribution of Periodontal disease. Int J Dent Hyg 2012; 10: 74-79.
- Darby IB, Phan L & Post M. Periodontal health of dental clients in a community health setting. Australian Dental Journal 2012; 57: 486-492.
- Hopcraft MS, Morgan MV, Satur JG, Wright FAC, Darby IB. Oral hygiene and periodontal disease in Victorian nursing homes. Gerodontology 2012; 29: e220-e228
- Lee D, Chen S, Darby IB. Maxillary sinus floor elevation and grafting with deproteinized bovine bone mineral – A clinical and histomorphometric study. Clin Oral Impl Res 2012; 23: 918-924.
- Ngo LH, Darby IB, Veith PD, Locke AG & Reynolds EC. Mass spectrometric analysis of gingival crevicular fluid biomarkers can predict periodontal disease progression. Journal of Periodontal Research 2013.
- Darby I, Morris K. A Systematic Review of the Use of Growth Factors in Human Periodontal Regeneration. J Periodontol 2013.
- Heitz-Mayfield L, Darby I, Heitz F, Chen S. Preservation of crestal bone by implant design. A comparative study in minipigs. Clin Oral Impl Res 2013.
- Farmer M, Darby I. Ridge Dimensional Changes Following Single Tooth Extraction in the Aesthetic Zone. Clin Oral Imp Res 2013.
- Bazrafshan N, Darby I. Survival and success of implants placed with simultaneous grafting. Clin Oral Imp Res 2013.
- Darby IB, Ngo L. Minimal Intervention Dentistry: Periodontics and implant dentistry. Aust Dent J 2013.